The intercomparison of the scalar magnetometers at the Geophysical Observatory Arti, September 2017
- Institute of Geophysics UB RAS, Ekaterinburg, Russia
- Institute of Cosmophysical Research and Radio Wave Propagation FEB RAS, 684034, Paratunka, Russia
- Quantum magnetometry laboratory, Ural Federal University, Ekaterinburg, Russia
- Gorno-Altay State University, Altay Republic, Russia
- Institute of Volcanology and Seismology FEB RAS, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
On September 21-22, 2017 at the Geophysical Observatory Arti, Institute of Geophysics (Ekaterinburg), a intercomparison of scalar magnetometers was carried out. Main tasks were (1) to make an estimation of the systematic error of the absolute scalar magnetometers, using Overhauser scalar magnetometer POS-1 N11 (Quantum Magnetometry Laboratory of Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg) as reference; (2) to get an experience of scalar magnetometer intercomparison technology and to train of the participants; (3) to organize the communication of the specialists who are engaged by observatory and field magnetic measurements; (4) to discuss the problems of magnetic observatories and Russian magnetometry in general. 11 magnetologists from institutes and universities of the Urals, Kamchatka and Altay took part in the work. 10 scalar magnetometers were presented to intercomparison, including 3 - GSM-19W, 4 - POS-1, 1 - Scintrex SM-5, 1 - Geometrix G-859.
Conrad Observatory Journal. - 2019. - N5. - P.23. - [ISBN: 978-3-903171-05-3, http://www.conrad-observatory.at/zamg/index.php/downloads-en/category/5-cobsjournal]